Here's another one mom used to make while us kids were growing up! Think I'll make it for my kids in the morning. Suppose the results vary depending on what type of cereal/fruit combination you use, so just choose your favorites I guess!
- Put the butter in an 8 inch baking dish and place in the oven as it is preheating to 375 degrees.
- Assemble 4 cups of breakfast cereals (oatmeal, flake cereals, bite-sized shredded wheat, puffed grains such as Rice Krispies) in a bowl.
- When the butter has melted pour it over the cereals making an even coating.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and toss to mix.
- Spread a layer of canned fruit in the baking dish and top with cereal mixture.
- Bake until sizzling, about 15 minutes.
- Pour milk or yogurt over each serving.
This was very good and a great change from a plain bowl of cold cereal. I doubled the recipe and took this to the office for our Friday breakfast. For the cereal, I used a mixture of riced krispies, whole wheat chex, cornflakes, and honey nut clusters. We topped it with non-fat plain yogurt. The possibilities are endless and I'll be making this again. Thank you AprilShowers for sharing this recipe.
This is very good and very sweet. The combination possibilities are endless. I halved the recipe, as it was just ds and I. He is four and wouldn't touch it, so guess who got to eat it all. I used peaches and can't wait to try it with other fruits. This time I tried to appeal to ds and I used Apple Jacks with eye popping marshmallows and Rice Crispies. For me I added in Bran Flakes and Cheerios. Can't wait to see what others do with this! Thank You for a great breakfast treat AprilShowers!!!