Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From TOH Quick Cooking mag May/June 2004.
Make and share this Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 dinner rolls, sliced (about 3 inch diameter)
- 15 slices colby cheese
- 15 slices deli ham (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Top each with colby cheese, ham and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This are soooo good! The only thing I did different was to omit the sugar and poppy seeds and only use 1 tbsp. of mustard. I used King Hawaiian rolls and figured that would give it enough sweetness. I only needed to bake mine for 10 minutes before they were done so do keep a close eye on them or the tops will get hard and a little black. I also did not pour the butter over the rolls, just brushed the tops and bottom with the butter mixture. Will be making these again for sure! Thanks for the great recipe!