Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very hearty vegetarian meal which works great on its own or over rice.
Make and share this Hot Coconut Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth
- 1 (350 g) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger in large pot until onion appears translucent.
- Add the spices and continue to cook for 2 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the coconut milk, water, chickpeas and tofu and bring to boil.
- Add the vegetables and bring curry to a simmer. Continue to cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, take off the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Garnish with the coconut and a slice of lemon.