Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very hearty vegetarian meal which works great on its own or over rice.
Make and share this Hot Coconut Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth
- 1 (350 g) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger in large pot until onion appears translucent.
- Add the spices and continue to cook for 2 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the coconut milk, water, chickpeas and tofu and bring to boil.
- Add the vegetables and bring curry to a simmer. Continue to cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, take off the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Garnish with the coconut and a slice of lemon.
Very good, will make again. I substituted tempeh for tofu, and added 1 tbs of splenda, + salt to taste. Served with fresh roti/paratha bread. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
Loved this! Good and spicy, smells amazing as it cooks. Served on its own, would also suggest serving over rice especially if you want something less spicy. Needed salt, otherwise wouldn't change a thing. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.