Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I haven't tried this yet but found it as an advertisement from Rhodes rolls. It was posted in a TOH Bonus Book. Being a chocolate lover, it caught my attention.
- Cut the rolls in half and wrap each half around 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips, enclose completely.
- Roll each bundle in the cocoa mix until well coated; layer in a 12-cup bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pecans and toffee bits over each layer of rolls and finally sprinkle any remaining cocoa mix over all.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir to combine and pour over rolls.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise almost to the top of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, cover with foil last 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and enjoy.
- Please note: The cooking time allows 2 1/2 hours approximately for the dough to rise. This will depend on room temperature, altitude, etc.
We made this yesterday and loved it! My son liked the chocolate "center" in each piece of the bundt cake, and I especially liked the buttery toffee mixture which baked into a delicious caramel-type coating. It's also fun to grab pieces right from the cake, just like with monkey bread. I set it on the table and people were pulling the little individual round sections off and wolfing them down. Such a good recipe -- I'll definitely make this one again. Thanks, Paula G