Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This batch of hot cocoa should last you the whole winter season! It uses whole boxes of items! It makes a rich cup of hot cocoa.
- Place all ingredients, divided evenly, into 2 very large mixing bowls, and mix thoroughly.
- You can also use a clean plastic trash bag, make sure to close tightly.
- Then place in sealed containers, ziploc bags etc.
- Place 1/3 cup into a coffee cup and fill with hot water.
- Yields approximately 28 cups of mix.
Made a full batch of this recipe to keep some for my cold winter nights and give some in Gift Baskets. This is a very sweet and delicious Cocoa Mix, perfect for a kids palette, but will cut the sugar in half next time as an adult might find it a bit too sweet. Thank you for a lovely treat.
Once before I made a recipe similar to this one & really liked it, so, why not another one! Very easy to put together, & I'll take Chabear's tips (adding it to holiday gift baskets as well as cutting back on the sugar)! Thanks for a wonderful treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]
I just used this recipe to make cocoa for our school's movie night. The full batch added to 5 gallons of hot water made amazing hot cocoa! We did two batches and served about 200 small cups. Our local coffee shop lent us their large Cambro's full of hot water so all we had to do was pour in the mix and stir. I recommend using a large whisk to eliminate clumps. Everyone loved it. Thank you!