Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups dry milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- In a mixing bowl combine dry milk powder, powdered sugar, creamer, and cocoa.
- Store in airtight container.
- For each serving, place 1/3 cup of the mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water.
- NOTES : Mocha Mix: Prepare as above, except stir 1/2 cup instant coffee crystals into mix.
Ilove this recipe ,it is so easy when you have kids. Just mix and serve.
This is a pretty good cocoa mix, after reading the reviews, I upped the dried Milk to 4 cups, then 1 1/4 cup expensive cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt and I will next time add 3 cups of powdered sugar two cups did not seem like enough. The cocoa, should be dutch darker, with more taste to it.. We have to remember that these are HOMEMADE recipes not made in a factory, read the ingredients, on a box of hot cocoa mix, 98% of what is in it won't be in a Homemade mixture so that is why most people don't think it's sweet enough. Thanks Amy
this was a staple from childhood that my Grams always had on hand and shipped to me in college. She passed before I could get the recipe. When I tried to make it, there was always something missing. It was the coffee! Thank you so very much I can now share this with my family. :)