Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was adapted from a cookbook. I wanted a more "chocolatey" taste. My family always expects containers of this for Christmas!
- 1 (1 ounce) package nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) jar non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 (16 ounce) cannestle Quik chocolate milk mix
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, combine the nonfat dry milk and the powdered sugar.
- Stir thoroughly to get rid of lumps in powdered sugar.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Make a cup (3 tbsp. mix to 1 cup hot water) to sample.
- For more chocolate taste, add more cocoa.
- To make it sweeter, add more powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Makes about 9 cups of mix.
- Use within about 4 months.
This is pretty good. I made a batch of it last weekend, using a food processor to mix the sugar and milk powder. I used Ovaltine instead of Nestle Quick. The first cup was rather bland, so I added about 1/2 cup more cocoa and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. With my adjustments, it tastes just like Swiss Miss.