Recipe by rickv
Homemade is always better. Great for gifts or parties.
Top Review by luvmybge
I saw this on the boards and went right out and bought the ingredients. It sounded so rich with the addition of that pudding mix that I just had to try it. I tasted it today and I must say it is very good. I first tried it using water to make my cup of Hot Cocoa. Then I dumped that and I used milk instead and the real milk made it ohhh so much more rich and velvety. I also added mini marshmallows to my cup. When I make this mix to give as gifts.. my tag will read 1/3 cup of mix to 3/4 cup of very hot milk (water can be substituted for milk if desired).
- 6 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1 (5 ounce) packagenon-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered instant chocolate drink mix
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa.
- Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars.
- Seal, and decorate as desired.
- These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water.