Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Homemade is always better. Great for gifts or parties.
- 6 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1 (5 ounce) packagenon-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered instant chocolate drink mix
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa.
- Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars.
- Seal, and decorate as desired.
- These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water.
I saw this on the boards and went right out and bought the ingredients. It sounded so rich with the addition of that pudding mix that I just had to try it. I tasted it today and I must say it is very good. I first tried it using water to make my cup of Hot Cocoa. Then I dumped that and I used milk instead and the real milk made it ohhh so much more rich and velvety. I also added mini marshmallows to my cup. When I make this mix to give as gifts.. my tag will read 1/3 cup of mix to 3/4 cup of very hot milk (water can be substituted for milk if desired).
Yuck. Not very sweet. We used freshly purchased ingredients, measured carefully, and it's just not that good. Even the kids didn't care for it. The recipe received great reviews at another recipe site as well, so we thought the fault must be ours but we've gone over the recipe several times and we're certain we made no mistake. Try another recipe...I am.
luvmybge recommended this and I decided to try this mix. I used milk to mix instead of water as suggested and it was great. My youngest who doesn't really like hot cocoa liked it too. I will be making this to give away as gifts. Thanks.