Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so good on a cold winter night.
- 10 1⁄2 cups non-fat powdered milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 1⁄4 cups powdered chocolate milk mix (Nestle's Quick)
- 2 3⁄4 cups non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
- This recipe will yield approximately 8 pint size gift jars.
- Attach the following directions on a card: Combine 3 heaping tablespoons of cocoa mix in hot water or milk.
My mother always kept a tin of this in her kitchen pantry. I have followed the tradition. Tonight, it is cold and rainy. As it is almost June and we have shut down the furnace for the summer, a cup of this cocoa really hits the spot. I am sipping this and feeling warmed from the inside out.
This was a standard in my home when my kids were growing up. The recipe book I got it from burned in my house fire. Imagine my delight to find it now that I have 14 grandchildren. Here in michigan this is always ready for a quick warm up. Two cups of miniature marshmallows add a special treat.