Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this Christmas eve and it was a hit, I did serve out of the crockpot and it was alot easier.
Make and share this Hot Cocoa for a Group recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add hot water slowly, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; heat to serving temperature, stirring occasionally.
- DO NOT boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, cinnamon if desired, and whip with a whisk.
- Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled and kept in crockpot for easier serving to large groups.
Yummy! This is a must try recipe for all cocoa drink lovers! This drink is sweet, yet light, a beautiful chocolate brown and yet it does not have too much chocolate. It's perfect! I've made it just now and took a small sip. Very good! I did leave out the cinnamon since I've made this for kids in the age group 7-12. I've stored it in an empty ice cream container.Thanks, Auntie Janette, for a great drink! They are going to love you for this!
This was very good, and rich.
Yummy and perfect for those winter play days. Note: 67968 similar with opt 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 13347 called for 1/2 cup cocoa with opt to add more and 1 extra tsp vanilla