Recipe by Mirj
This comes in very handy during the winter months. Source: Hershey's Best-Loved Recipes Cookbook.
Top Review by Grandma Deb
I made this on Christmas Eve for the kids. I used 4 12 oz cans of evaporated milk (6 cups) and 6 cups of water in place of the whole milk. Once it was ready I kept it warm in a crockpot. Perfect!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream, optional
- additional cocoa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in a 4- to 6-quart saucepan.
- Heat milk in microwave until hot, but not boiling; gradually add to cocoa mixture, stirring until well-blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Serve immediately or keep warm over very low heat for up to 2 hours.
- At serving time, stir; pour into mugs.
- Garnish with whipped cream; sift cocoa over whipped cream if desired.