1 hr 5 mins
Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
adapted from Paleomg.com.
My Private Note
jars or ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup grade b maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus extra for greasing pan)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
FOR THE MARSHMALLOW CREAM
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1FOR THE CAKE:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Mix together all the liquid ingredients in a small bowl, then combine with the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- 5Grease an 8X8” square baking dish with coconut oil and then pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- 6FOR THE MARSHMALLOW CREAM:.
- 7While the cake is baking make the marshmallow topping.
- 8Place the egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl.
- 9Heat the honey in a small saucepan over medium low heat. The honey should reach 220 degrees Fahrenheit -- use a candy thermometer to determine the temperature, or if you don’t have one, just let it bubble for about 1 minute.
- 10Mix the egg whites with a hand mixer or stand mixer into stiff peaks.
- 11SlOWLY add the boiling honey in a light drizzle into the egg whites while still whipping. The whole process should take about 30 seconds.
- 12Continue to whip the egg whites until they reach room temperature. The mixture should be glossy and dense.
- 13FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:.
- 14Using the same saucepan that had the honey in it, add the chocolate chips and coconut milk inches
- 15Stir the mixture over medium heat continuously for about 5 minutes or until fully melted and silky.
- 16Add in the vanilla extract before removing from the heat.
- 17TO PUT TOGETHER THE CAKES:.
- 18Cut the warm chocolate cake into small squares and layer in mason jars or mugs.
- 19Drizzle cake squares with hot chocolate sauce and top with the marshmallow cream. Continue with a second layer in each jar/mug.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cocoa Cake Parfait (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.3
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 93.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: