1/3 Photos of Hot Cocoa Cake Balls
15 hrs 25 mins
Perfect for Christmas - or really any time. Not as hard as they look (though mine aren't so pretty)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 510.29 g box white cake mix
- 3 (85.04 g) package hot cocoa mix
- 453.59 g container vanilla frosting
- 453.59 g package white candy coating
- 1* Make cake mix ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS ON box. Add in 2 packages of hot cocoa powder to the batter. Bake according to directions on box.
- 2* Allow cake to cool completely.
- 3* Crumble cake into large bowl. Make sure it is finely crumbled with no big pieces. Add vanilla frosting. You don't have to add the whole tub - I use about 2/3. Just enough to make the cake stick together.
- 4* Shape cake into balls. Don't make them too big. Once shaped, put into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- 5* Melt candy coating according to directions.
- 6* Drop cake ball into the candy coating and gently toss with a fork to completely cover. Place ball on wax paper. If you have a fork mark, just dab some candy coating on to cover.
- 7* Dip 2-3 balls and then sprinkle with hot cocoa mix while still wet. Repeat until all balls are covered.
- 8* Allow to set until completely dried.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cocoa Cake Balls
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 212.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g