Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Brrrrr....something to take the chill off!
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- whipped cream, for topping
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk and heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- The heat will make it easier to dissolve the cocoa.
- When the sugar, cocoa and milk have formed a paste, add the remainder of the milk plus the vanilla or cinnamon and heat until steaming.
- Pour into mugs, top with a bit of whipped cream and serve immediately.
Yummy! Just what I needed for a cold Iowa morning. Perfect amount of sweetness and chocolate. Simple to make too. This is a keeper!
Perfect hot cocoa! I prepared it with the vanilla in the cocoa but used a cinnamon stick for a stirrer and sprinkled a little ground cinnamon on the whipped cream. It added a lovely extra note to an already fantastic treat. Very easy to put together and so much better than the store-bought powder mix. The kids loved it too. Thanks for sharing!
This is a wonderful recipe. It is so simple and tastes amazing. I added a little more cocoa to ours because we love dark chocolate. The kids and adults both loved it. Next time I am trying it with lactose free milk. Let us see how it turns out. I will let you know.