- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk and heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- The heat will make it easier to dissolve the cocoa.
- When the sugar, cocoa and milk have formed a paste, add the remainder of the milk plus the vanilla or cinnamon and heat until steaming.
- Pour into mugs, top with a bit of whipped cream and serve immediately.