Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Dr. Weil. This homemade hot cocoa is lower in sugar (and carbohydrates) than other recipes. It can be made with soy milk. Try flavoring it with cinnamon for a little change.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, stir together the cocoa powder and the sugar.
- Add the water and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a low boil and the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir until warmed through.