Recipe by LindaFF
Karen's, my favorite clam dip recipe May double and put in a larger casserole dish.
Top Review by Lynn in MA
I use shredded mozzarella when making this dip. This time, I made the mistake of not covering before baking and it got a little too brown on top. Next time, I will uncover it for only the last 5-10 minutes of baking. This is great with buttery crackers, pita chips or toasted crusty bread slices. This could also be used as a filling for Clams Casino (add some crumbled cooked bacon and maybe some chopped pimentos.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 2 (8 ounce) cans minced clams (not drained)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, simmer all ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- Add Italian bread crumbs.
- Put in a small baking dish and coat top with mozzarella or swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minute at 400 degrees COVERED.