Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect for a wintery morning, this recipe makes two small cups of coffee, reminiscent of the coffee you get in roadside stalls on highways here! You can add sugar if you want; I like it as it is.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (I use Nescafe Classic)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the milk and water together in a pot and heat on a low flame.
- As the mixture just starts to boil, add the coffee powder and stir.
- Bring to a boil and switch off burner.
- Add cinnamon, stir, and pour into two small cups to serve.
Anu, this wa wonderful! MMMMMMMMMMMMM:) I added 2 tsps. of sugar and 2 tbsp of milk chocolate as well and I think I was in heaven! :) Thank you!
I just made this for 2 of us. I added 2 tsp of cocoa powder to it as well though (1 per mug but added to the pan not the mugs) and 1.5tsp of sugar per mug which brings out the cocoa flavour a lot more than without it. It is delicious!!!
Today was more like October than July and this hit the spot! I used 1/4 teas. cinnamon. I used a microwave milk frother to heat the milk and water, and after pouring into the cup (I used 1 large mug) I frothed some of the milk to top it with. I added a little Splenda to sweeten. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.