Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a delicious syrup recipe, great with any pancakes or waffles....serve slightly warm, better make a double batch, this is so yummy!
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients.
- Bring to a light boil over med heat, stirring occasionally; reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20-25 mins, or until slightly thickened.
- Let stand 30 mins before serving.
- Serve slightly warm.
Thanks for a great syrup recipe. The apple cider evokes a wonderful feeling of fall. We used it on homemade waffles and the whole family loved it.