Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is an economical Christmas gift your child can make. Each sachet has its handwritten recipe card made by your child. Make one for yourselves and enjoy a day of crafting together.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, about four inches
- 15 allspice berries
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 64 ounces apple cider
- You will ALSO NEED cooking twine, cheesecloth, red ribbon, blank index card and markers.
- Put dry ingredients in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Tie with twine.
- Let your child decorate the gift tag and then write the following directons inside the tag: Pour 1/2 gallon of cider into a large pot.
- Drop in sachet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm in mugs.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole in the card and tie it around the sachet.