Recipe by Charlotte J
Here is an economical Christmas gift your child can make. Each sachet has its handwritten recipe card made by your child. Make one for yourselves and enjoy a day of crafting together.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, about four inches
- 15 allspice berries
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 64 ounces apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- You will ALSO NEED cooking twine, cheesecloth, red ribbon, blank index card and markers.
- Put dry ingredients in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Tie with twine.
- Let your child decorate the gift tag and then write the following directons inside the tag: Pour 1/2 gallon of cider into a large pot.
- Drop in sachet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm in mugs.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole in the card and tie it around the sachet.