Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have found that people tend to love or hate this. The aroma is amazing and it just yells "Christmas"
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 6 black tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- orange slices or pears, slices or apple, slices studded with cloves as garnish
- In saucepan, bring water to boil. Add tea and spices, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Stir in sugar, cranberry juice, and wine.
- Return to medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- Serve in cups with fruit slices as garnish.
This is good. I followed all the ingredients. It smelled a little strong when cooking but it tasted great when done. I only used 1/2 of sugar. More was not needed. Made for Holiday Tag 2007
Didn't have black tea, and couldn't find it here so used the green that I had on hand and have to say it was so good. Don't know what I liked the best, the wonderful aroma or the taste, both equally good. Such a wonderful blend of spices. I cut the recipe in half and also cut the sugar down as I'm not big on sweet tea, but do LOVE the spices. Used a dry white wine and this made for an excellant drink that I'm planning on serving the next time I have company over during this Holiday Season. Made for I Recommend - We give Thanks.
Well put me in the "love it" category - this is terrific! Loved the aroma too. I only used half the sugar called for and used a zinfandel wine. Great holiday drink - thanks for sharing the recipe!