1 hr 20 mins
This is a family favorite that my dad loves. I came across it in one of my grandma's old recipe books.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop or shred all ingredients.
- 2Put cabbage in very large pot and boil until soft.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except vinegar and sugar and boil an additional 30 minutes.
- 4Drain off about half of the liquid.
- 5Add vinegar and sugar, simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Drain off 1/3 of the liquid before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chow Chow
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g