Flavor galore! This is a spin on a Thomasina Miers recipe from her book, "Mexican Food Made Simple".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butternut squash, deseeded and cut roughly into 2 inch pieces
- 1 -2 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 small handful fresh oregano (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried) or 1 small marjoram, chopped (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried)
- vegetables or olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 red onion, roughly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 handful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4-1 lb hard chorizo sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (about a 6 oz. bag)
- pecorino cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Put the squash, chilli, cumin and oregano in a roasting dish with enough oil to coat lightly and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes before adding the onion slices, turning to coat them in the oil. Roast for a further 10 minutes before adding the baby tomatoes and cooking for a final 10 minutes.
- 3Slice chorizo into thin slices and pan fry for 2-3 minutes. Once seared drain on paper toweling.
- 4Meanwhile, pound the cilantro leaves in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt until you have a green paste. Cover with the extra virgin olive oil; set aside.
- 5Gently mix the roasted vegetables and beans together in a large bowl with a tablespoon of the coriander oil and the spinach leaves.
- 6Divide the salad among four to six plates, adding pieces of the grilled chorizo. With a potato peeler, shave the Pecorino on top and drizzle with the cilantro oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chorizo and Butternut Squash Salad
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.8
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.9 mg
- Sodium 1087.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: