Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For a decadent treat, try a shot of this hot chocolate spiked with hot cayenne pepper! Makes 8 4oz servings. Please note, the recipe asks for: NESTLE CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chunks, the Zaar puter insists on saying semisweet.
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks (Nestle Chocolatier dark chocolate chunks 53% Cacao (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, divided (optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
- Heat remaining evaporated milk, water, chunks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Do not boil.
- Set aside.
- Remove chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy.
- Add remaining vanilla extract, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
- Pour hot chocolate into eight 4-ounce demitasse cups and immediately dollop with foam topping.
Made this with 4( 8 ounce) and took mine to the hospital, it was my day to volunteer there. A great start to the morning, and the rest of us enjoyed it too. This worked well in my thermos.Thank you for a delight of a morning treat.
What a decadent tasty little treat! I quartered the recipe and enjoyed this in the late evening. Thank you for posting this Annacia!