Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a hot, moussey hot chocolate that I think is not only good for company drinks but also for a light dessert
- 6 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup marsala wine
- cocoa powder or confectioners' sugar, for the garnish
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a simmer.
- Select a heatproof bowl and will fit over the pan, place the yolks and the sugar in it, and whisk until well mixed and all the sugar has dissolved Add the cocoa and Marsala, the place the bowl over the simmering water.
- Whisk with a hand-held electric mixer until the mixture is foamy and thick Pour into heat prook glasses, dust with cocoa or confectioners' sugar and serve immediately with Chocolate cookies or Amaretti cookies.