Recipe by KittyKitty
This is a delicious variation a classic Italian dessert, that I learned from a friend of mine.
Top Review by dawn2701
Had this same recipe from a friend and was hoping it would turn out more custard-like. Instead, it was more like chocolate egg-nog. I had to use a hand whisk because the mixture kept splattering all over the place. It fills that chocolate craving (for women at least--the hubby didn't care for it).
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup marsala
- cocoa powder or confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- almond cookie, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the simmering point.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl and whisk until the mixture is pale and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cocoa and Marsala, then place the bowl over the simmering water. Whisk until the consistency of the mixture is smooth, thick and frothy.
- Pour quickly into tall heatproof glasses, dust lightly with cocoa or confectioner's sugar, serve immediately with almond cookies.