Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cuisine At Home.
For the whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pulverized peppermint candies
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candy
For the hot chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao (optional)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, omit if using white chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- This recipe can also be made with white chocolate. Simply substitute white chocolate and leave out the coffee.
- Beat the cream, pulverized peppermints and sugar untill stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle with the crushed peppermints, and freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the milk and salt for the hot chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat until steam begins to rise. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Ladle into mugs and top with a rosette of frozen whipped cream.
- Doubling the whipped cream will give you quite a few rosettes to keep in the freezer until needed. Store them in an airtight container and try to use them within 2 or 3 weeks.
Wow, this was great looneytunesfan. I enjoyed this delicious, creamy, smooth, dark treat very much. The peppermint is very subtle in this cocoa. I did enjoy the slight mocha taste as well. I didn't have any peppermint candies so I crushed up two candy canes. It worked great. Thank you so much for sharing this pretty drink, which i will enjoy again.