Recipe by Annacia
I just had to add this to my Hot Chocolate line-up.
Top Review by teresas
What a delicious warm comfort drink...sure does taste like Christmas! I cut the recipe in half and hubby, I and a friend enjoyed them...now I know what to do with my peppermint schnapps...the amount was perfect for 3 servings...yum!!! =)
- 946.0 ml skim milk or 946.0 ml 2% low-fat milk or 946.0 ml milk or 946.0 ml half-and-half
- 170.09 g bittersweet chocolate or 170.09 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 170.09 g peppermint schnapps (more or less to taste)
- whipped cream, for serving
- 6 peppermint stick candy, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 cup of the milk in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted.
- When the chocolate has melted, increase heat to medium and add the remainder of the milk while whisking rapidly. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve in small cups fortified with a jigger (1 1/2 ounces) of peppermint schnapps and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add a peppermint stick to stir.
- If transporting in a thermos, heat thermos up with hot water to get it warm for 1 minute. Pour water out and fill with hot chocolate.