Recipe by LAURIE
Ive been so cold lately and was searching for something minty and chocolatey. This one from a local news show warms you from the inside out and rivals a hot chocolate that I once had in Austria. Yummy! Makes 2 large portions or 4 normal sized ones.
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (or semisweet)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup peppermint syrup (I found by the ice cream toppings)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1⁄4 cup crushed peppermint candy (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, gradually add milk.
- Bring mixture to an even heat.
- Transfer hot mixture to a blender and add syrup.
- Cover the top with a towel to avoid spilling and coming in contact with hot liquid.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds until frothy. Pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish whipped cream with crushed peppermint and/or cocoa powder.