Recipe by BirdyBaker
What is more pleasing than a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day? Homemade hot chocolate with many variations..that's what. This recipe is so smooth and decadent, sure to melt the frost off your windows!
Top Review by Annacia
I do agree that this is a truly superior hot chocolate. My change, due to personal preference only, was to use 2 ounces of extra dark Belgian chocolate. This is a slow sipping chocolate for sure, rich in chocolate, thick and creamy. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 2010.
Directions See How It's Made
- These amounts are for 1 cup.
- Combine in double boiler the milk chocolate, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir till melted and smooth.
- Add the half-and-half. Add this very slowly and do not boil.
- Serve over a handful of mini marshmallows and garnish with a bit of nutmeg.
- Variations: substitute dark semisweet chocolate or white chocolate.
- Try adding some liqueurs--Kahlua to go with the milk chocolate; Cointreau (goes with the dark chocolate); or peppermint Schnapps with the white chocolate.