1/1 Photo of Hot Chocolate to Die For
What is more pleasing than a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day? Homemade hot chocolate with many variations..that's what. This recipe is so smooth and decadent, sure to melt the frost off your windows!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1These amounts are for 1 cup.
- 2Combine in double boiler the milk chocolate, butter, and vanilla.
- 3Stir till melted and smooth.
- 4Add the half-and-half. Add this very slowly and do not boil.
- 5Serve over a handful of mini marshmallows and garnish with a bit of nutmeg.
- 6Variations: substitute dark semisweet chocolate or white chocolate.
- 7Try adding some liqueurs--Kahlua to go with the milk chocolate; Cointreau (goes with the dark chocolate); or peppermint Schnapps with the white chocolate.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate to Die For
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.2
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g