Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
With pure chocolate and vanilla, this can satisfy a sweet craving. Serve with or without the orange whipped cream.
Orange Whipped Cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt, pinch
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For orange whipped cream, in a small bowl, with a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream, sugar and orange zest until soft peaks form.
- Refrigerate while making pudding.
- For pudding, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; whisk in milk, cream and salt until blended.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking gently, just until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in chocolate, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- With handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat until light and fluffy.
- Divide pudding to 4 (6 ounce) ramekins; top each with a dollop of Orange Whipped Cream.