- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, hot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt.
- gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until boiling and thickened.
- Remove from heat; whisk in vanilla.
- Divide among custard cups or dessert dishes.
- Let cool to lukewarm or serve chilled.