Hot chocolate in pudding form...what could be better?
Make and share this Hot Chocolate Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- In heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt.
- gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until boiling and thickened.
- Remove from heat; whisk in vanilla.
- Divide among custard cups or dessert dishes.
- Let cool to lukewarm or serve chilled.
Excellent pudding! I like that it doesn't use corn starch!
Dead easy quick chocolate pudding which always goes down well with the kids.
This is a great substitute for chocolate pudding in a box. I have to admit that I still like the Jello Cook & Serve (not instant) a bit better, but this comes pretty close. I did try it slightly warm, and didn't care for it that way. After chilling overnight, it was my more my style. Oh...I used skim milk and it thickened up just fine.