Recipe by RockChalkChick
I found this recipe on a bulletin board at my nephew's elementary school in Tecumseh, KS. It was part of a collection of recipes encouraging kids to 'get in the kitchen'. Later that night, I turned on the Christmas lights, lit the fireplace and enjoyed this decadent beverage! It tastes just like Reese's PB cups! WARNING: While this is a delicious drink, it is incredibly rich. 1/2 a cup was plenty for me personally. I doubt I'll make this again, but it was sure fun and easy to make! Enjoy!
Top Review by kellychris
Very good hot chocolate! I'm a Reese's junkie, and this is great. DH does not like pb (???) and he says this is good because there's not a strong pb taste. made for Spring PAC,2011.
- 59.14 ml mini chocolate chip
- 29.58 ml half-and-half
- 14.79 ml creamy peanut butter
- 473.18 ml milk (2%, whole, 1% and skim is ok, too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chocolate chips, half and half and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir and repeat until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate microwave-safe container, heat milk on high 1 minute. Repeat, if necessary. Milk should be warm, NOT boiling.
- Pour chocolate mixture into milk and stir vigorously with a whisk until smooth. You may use an immersion blender or frother, if you'd like.
- Strain, if needed, serve & enjoy.
- May choose to top with whipped cream or marshmellows.