Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Unfortunately, I live in South Louisiana and we have maybe 3 or 4 days a year where it's cold enough for me to drink hot chocolate. On the other days of winter, I just turn on the A/C and pretend. My mother would make a big batch of this mix at the beginning of every winter. When I was old enough to buy my own groceries (in college), I bought a box of pre-made hot cocoa mix. That was the first and last time I ever did that. Yuck!! Now that there are so many flavored creamers available, I will mix the first 3 ingredients, then divide into several bowls and use different flavored creams in each bowl (Amaretto, Hazelnut, Irish Cream...). Personalize it however you wish! Also, my recipe is for the sizes of these items from the 1970's when my mother was making it. As each year goes by, I'm noticing that the sizes are getting slightly smaller. Just adjust accordingly. It's not rocket science and being off a few ounces won't hurt anything. Have fun experimenting & enjoy.
- 1 (32 ounce) boxnestle Quik chocolate milk mix
- 1 (2 lb) bag powdered sugar
- 1 (8 quart) box powdered milk
- 11 ounces coffee creamer (or smaller flavored creamers)
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Place in jars & label.
- To make a cup of cocoa, place 1/3 cup of mix in large mug and fill with boiling water.