Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use recipe for Hot Chocolate Fudge Cakes (Low Calorie) I use Ghirardelli Dark & Raspberry or Ghirardelli 72% Twilight Dark Chocolate for the Lava Centers. 1 bar is 3.50 ounces (8 squares). 2 5/8 ounces (6 squares) The recipe says 2 5/8 ounces but I use all 3.50 ounces.
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) bar finely chopped dark chocolate (71% cocoa or darker)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat whipping cream in double broiler. Break chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in cream. Use a whisk to mix chocolate and cream.
- Divide into a small Ice Cube tray (10 - 12 cubes) and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Follow recipe for Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake. Replace Step 3. Divide 1/2 batter evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins; place 1 chocolate ice cube in the center of each and top with remaining batter. Arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days. (You can refrigerate longer than 2 days.).