Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious home-made hot chocolate. Great with homemade biscuits on a cold morning.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, cocoa, salt and water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce temperature and add milk stirring until well mixed.
- Stir constantly until right temperature is reach.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
This is a favorite hot chocolate recipe now--it's simple, but very satisfying,and handy when my daughter's Girl Scout troop is over or other company. The only slight change I make is to decrease the amount of vanilla by a very little. It's especially delicious with marshmallows and a dash of cinnamon. It can be halved easily too. Thanks for sharing a keeper!
Thank you for this recipe! It was super simple and incredibly yummy!! Made it for my Moms Club Christmas party and it was a huge success. We served it with some flavor stir-ins....some candy canes and marshmallows dipped in chocolate....yum!