Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this dessert because it taste amazing and it has portion control. A great treat that can fit into any weight loss plan.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) bar dark chocolate (71% cocoa, such as Valrhona Le Noir Amer)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sift together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate. Divide batter evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ramekins; arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4. Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 21 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.