Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 mins
So easy, but so nice. From CookingLight
- 1 1⁄3 cups hot chocolate powder (recipe to follow)
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup fat free vanilla ice cream
- ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- hot chocolate powder
- 5 1⁄2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Place Hot Chocolate Mix and water in a 1 quart glass measure.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 3 minutes or until heated.
- Pour 1 cup hot chocolate into each of 4 mugs.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon ice cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Hot Chocolate Mix:.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Yield's 7 1/3 cups of 1/3 cup servings).
SO good! Dinner and dessert in one!
Yum yum yum yum yum yum!!! :) Nimzie this is fabulous!! I had made your hot cocoa mix before and now making it this way with the dash of vanilla, frozen vanilla yogurt and then the dash of cinnamon just takes it over the top!! I have so enjoyed it as my mid-morning treat on this cloudy and chilly Friday! Thanks sweet friend for sharing another hit with us. Tagged and made for Potluck Tag Game!
Very delicious! The creaminess from the melty ice cream was so good! Having the oce cream in there also made it cool off sooner for the kids to be able to enjoy it. The cinnamon takes the chocolate flavor to another level. I used a good vanilla bean ice cream. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)