Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
Very rich and creamy!
Make and share this Hot Chocolate Espresso recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup strong hot coffee or 1 cup espresso
- 2 -6 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup cream (or 1/2 cup half-and-half and 1/2 cup milk)
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate, grated
- cinnamon stick
- In 2 large cups or glass mugs, mix the coffee (or espresso) and sugar.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the cream.
- Add the cocoa and mix well.
- Add the cream mixture to the coffee and top with a dollop of whipped cream and the grated chocolate.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick.
Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy now! :) I made this espresso beverage for the Comfort Cafe Event January 2009 and I'm so glad I did. Wonderful smooth taste without a lot of sweetness which is perfect! I did not use whipped topping so I just frothed my milk and created foam for the top. Added the cinnamon to the coffee/cocoa mixture first instead of a sprinkle as I prefer it mixed in. Love that flavor. Thanks for sharing a great recipe with us!
This was really good and really easy! I used evaporated milk in place of the cream and a couple shakes of ground cinnamon in with the milk as it was warming because I didn't have cinnamon sticks. I also had it without the whipped cream on top. This isn't real chocolaty.... Tastes a lot like a cappuccino. Will definetly make again!!!