Easy to make. With unsweetened cocoa (which most people have on hand). Found on the back of Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stove Top: Mix cocoa and sugar and set aside (I usually make a large batch of this to keep on hand). Pour milk into a small pan. Add cocoa mixture and stir. Heat, while stirring, until steaming.
- 2Microwave: Mix cocoa and sugar and set aside. Pour milk into a mug or cup and heat on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in cocoa mixture.
- 3I've substituted Xylitol which is good but a little less intense than sugar (it doesn't raise your blood sugar).
- 4I've also substituted soy milk for milk which was obviously fine.
- 5I think almond milk would also be great.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate Dry Mix
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 121.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 9.5 g