Recipe by PaulaG
I saw this recipe in a magazine at my doctor's office this afternoon and then when I was doing some shopping I saw them again advertised as hot chocolate for 2 using the optional ingredients listed. I thought they were very cute to give as gifts to co-workers, teachers, or to include in a gift basket with a special mug. You will need 2 (6 x 12) clear cone bags and 2 clear rubber bands to make the cones. I couldn't list with the ingredients list.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
I make these to sell in my ice cream shop and they fly out of there! I purchased cone shaped bags with a snowflake print in bulk on ebay and make my own hot cocoa mix. I use mini chocolate chips in some and also Andes peppermint baking bits in others for mint cocoa. I don't use the gumdrop in mine. Recently, I started putting the chips and marshmallows in a smaller plastic bag before putting on top of the cocoa. This way, people can get to the cocoa easier. Thanks for posting this!
- 3⁄4 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red and white M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 large red gumdrop
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the cocoa mix into a 6 x 12 clear cone bag and seal with a clear rubber band; trim 1 inch above band.
- Place the filled bag into a second cone bag, flattening the top.
- Layer either the chocolate chips or the M&M candies followed with the mini-marshamallows.
- Top all off with a red gumdrop and sercure the bag with the last rubber band.
- Attach a tag for instructions on making the hot chocolate. Divide the hot chocolate mix into thirds, place in a cup and fill with 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Top each cup with equal amounts of chocolate chips and marshamallows, enjoy.