Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker These adorable cupcakes are actually in the shape of a mug once assembled with dollops of frosting as "whipped cream" and sprinkled with cocoa powder.
- 1 3⁄4 cups betty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix (from a 18.25 oz box)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup betty crocker whipped vanilla frosting (from a 12 oz container)
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 miniature pretzel twists, broken in half diagonally (will be used to form the "handle" of the cupcake mugs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F for a shiny metal muffin pan or 325F for dark or nonstick muffin pan.
- Place paper baking liner in each of the 12 regular size muffins cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evening among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 17-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme.
- Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag.
- Cut 3/8 inch tip off one corner of bag (or spoon mixture on top of cupcakes instead of piping).
- Pipe 3 small dollops of frosting mixture on top of each cupcake to resemble melted marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
- Press pretzel half into side of each cupcake to resemble a cup handle.