Source: Betty Crocker These adorable cupcakes are actually in the shape of a mug once assembled with dollops of frosting as "whipped cream" and sprinkled with cocoa powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups betty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix (from a 18.25 oz box)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup betty crocker whipped vanilla frosting (from a 12 oz container)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 miniature pretzel twists, broken in half diagonally (will be used to form the "handle" of the cupcake mugs)
- 1Heat oven to 350F for a shiny metal muffin pan or 325F for dark or nonstick muffin pan.
- 2Place paper baking liner in each of the 12 regular size muffins cups.
- 3In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 5Divide batter evening among 12 muffin cups.
- 6Bake 17-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- 8Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 9In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme.
- 10Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag.
- 11Cut 3/8 inch tip off one corner of bag (or spoon mixture on top of cupcakes instead of piping).
- 12Pipe 3 small dollops of frosting mixture on top of each cupcake to resemble melted marshmallows.
- 13Sprinkle with cocoa.
- 14Press pretzel half into side of each cupcake to resemble a cup handle.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate Cocoa Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
devil's food cake mix