Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
Simply swirl these blocks of chocolate into a mug of steaming hot milk for a special treat! Another great recipe from King Arthur Flour.
Top Review by elisechristiane
I made these for my friends and teachers for Christmas, and they were excellent! I added marshmallows onto the lollipop stick too and thought that looked cute. Also, I thought the hot chocolate blocks tasted good without milk. Very rich, but good! Will definitely be making them again!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- wooden stick
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 2) Heat the cream and condensed milk over low heat until steaming.
- 3) Remove from the heat and add the chocolate; allow it to gently melt.
- 4) After about 10 minutes, return the chocolate mixture to low heat to completely melt the chocolate.
- 5) Whisk vigorously until the mixture is thick and shiny.
- 6) Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan; shake the pan gently to level.
- 7) Set aside overnight to slowly set up.
- 8) Run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a clean cutting surface.
- 9) Slice into 1 ¼" cubes. Heat a knife in hot water and wipe dry before each cut, for smoothest cuts.
- 10) Stick a wooden stick into the center of each block.
- 11) Wrap in waxed paper, parchment, or plastic wrap to store.
- 12) You can also add a few drops of flavoring oil (like hazelnut, coffee, or vanilla) to the mixture, or roll the blocks in cocoa or crushed candy canes, to kick it up a notch.