1/1 Photo of (Hot Chocolate) Cocoa Blocks
12 hrs 30 mins
Southern Polar Bear's Note:
Simply swirl these blocks of chocolate into a mug of steaming hot milk for a special treat! Another great recipe from King Arthur Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11) Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 22) Heat the cream and condensed milk over low heat until steaming.
- 33) Remove from the heat and add the chocolate; allow it to gently melt.
- 44) After about 10 minutes, return the chocolate mixture to low heat to completely melt the chocolate.
- 55) Whisk vigorously until the mixture is thick and shiny.
- 66) Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan; shake the pan gently to level.
- 77) Set aside overnight to slowly set up.
- 88) Run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a clean cutting surface.
- 99) Slice into 1 ¼" cubes. Heat a knife in hot water and wipe dry before each cut, for smoothest cuts.
- 1010) Stick a wooden stick into the center of each block.
- 1111) Wrap in waxed paper, parchment, or plastic wrap to store.
- 1212) You can also add a few drops of flavoring oil (like hazelnut, coffee, or vanilla) to the mixture, or roll the blocks in cocoa or crushed candy canes, to kick it up a notch.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Hot Chocolate) Cocoa Blocks
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 17.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g