Kimmie Kooks's Note:
With ginger, cardamom and pepper, this spiced chocolate mix is reminiscent of chai tea. Use it alone or to make a rich coffee drink, with or without spirits, or an exquisite fondue to serve with crisp plain cookies, fresh fruit or firm pieces of pound cake. Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon, "Gifts from Your Kitchen," Relish the Holiday, November 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place about 12 ounces chocolate and chopped vanilla bean in food processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 22. Place about 10 ounces chocolate and ground ginger in processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Add to chocolate-vanilla bean mixture.
- 33. Place remaining chocolate, nutmeg, cardamom and peppers in processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Add to chocolate-vanilla bean mixture. Stir well.
- 44. Spoon into half-pint jars or small zip-lock bags. Makes about 7 ½ cups.
- 5Hot Chocolate Chai: Pour 1 cup scalded milk into a mug. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons mix; whisk well.
- 6White Christmas Lattes: Combine equal parts strong coffee and Hot Chocolate Chai.
- 7White Chocolate Chai Fondue: Heat 1/3 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat; add 1 cup mix and whisk.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate Chai Mix Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.3
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 71.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: