Warm up to a mug of hot chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small heavy saucepan or in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- 2Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until blended.
- 3Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk, stirring until smooth.
- 4Cool to room temperature.
- 5In a blender, place the remaining 1 cup of milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice.
- 6Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.
- 7Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 8NOTE: you can make nice looking shavings by cutting the chocolate with a bread knife.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (1251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.2
- Calories from Fat 541
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 496.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g