Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a different twist on chipped beef dip with a little kick. It comes from a Pillsbury cookbook that I had.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped (from can)
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 ounce) package dried beef, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine cream cheese, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, garlic powder and chiles; mix well. Stir in dried beef. Spoon into 1 or 1 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover; heat on low setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle pecans over top. Dip can be kept warm in slower cooker for up to 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
This was a good warm dip with a flavor kick. I served it in a small crockpot during my holiday open house. I omitted the pecans and offered tortilla chips for dipping.