Recipe by Sharon123
Got this off a recipe card at the grocery store.Yum!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I have tried many eggplant recipes on Zaar and this is one of the best. Followed your directions to a tee. The flavor of the sauce was unbelievable. I especially liked the flavor of the fresh ginger and hoisin sauce. I served this with eggrolls and a cabbage-dish. Thanks Sharon, for a memorable meal.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (peking sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut unpeeled eggplant into 3/4" by 3/4" by 2" sticks.
- Place strips in a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
- Let drain for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze to remove water.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a skillet or wok heat the oil.
- Add the eggplant, garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, simmer 15 minutes.
- Gradually turn up heat.
- Cook until sauce is reduced to a thick glaze.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.